The National Academy of Engineering has announced the newly-elected Members of the Class of 2011. The nine new Members of Section 5 (Computer Science & Engineering) are:
- Susan Dumais, Microsoft Research
- Daphne Koller, Stanford University
- Hank Levy, University of Washington
- Jitendra Malik, UC Berkeley
- Nick McKeown, Stanford University
- Don Norman, Northwestern University
- Ari Requischa, University of Southern California
- Fred Schneider, Cornell University
- Mihalis Yannakakis, Columbia University
In addition, Jonathan Rose (University of Toronto) was elected as a Foreign Associate.
Quoting from the NAE: “Members are elected to NAE by their peers (current NAE members). Election to membership is one of the highest professional honors accorded an engineer. Members have distinguished themselves in business and academic management, in technical positions, as university faculty, and as leaders in government and private engineering organizations.”
Congratulations to these outstanding contributors to our field!